Have a passion for motorcycles? Love helping out others? Lancaster Harley-Davidson is looking for highly motivated individual for an exciting career in the Motorcycle industry!
Lancaster Harley-Davidson is looking for a Parts/Service Counter Associate. The main task for the Parts/Service Counter Associate is to help customers with any parts or upgrades to their two and three wheeled dreams. The perfect candidate for the Parts/Service Counter Associate must be friendly and have a base knowledge of motorcycles, especially Harleys. The Parts/Service Counter Associate will be offered competitive pay and benefits such as medical, dental, vision, PTO package, matching 401k, employee discounts and many more!
What are you waiting for? Join the Lancaster Harley-Davidson family today!
To apply please fill out form below and one of our team members will be in contact.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide superior customer service to both internal (sales and service department) and external customers.
- Greet customers immediately, in an inviting and friendly manner.
- Ensure every motorcycle purchaser is presented with P&A options available to them.
- Work with several customers at one time while maintaining individual customer satisfaction.
- Answer telephone calls within three rings with a proper and friendly greeting. Handle telephone transactions efficiently and courteously.
- Point out any sales, specials, or new merchandise to customers.
- Notify customers when special orders or back-ordered items are received via email and phone.
- Inform customers of upcoming events or promotions. Interest customers in receiving our e-newsletter.
- Perform continuous customer follow-up to monitor satisfaction, garner feedback and reinforce dealership messaging and marketing to drive future sales.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to excellent customer service. Notify appropriate manager/lead, when necessary.
Retail Sales of Parts & Accessories
- Assist customers with their selection of P&A, translate customer needs and desires into proactive recommendations, and offer additional products that complement the purchase.
- Demonstrate superior product knowledge of P&A, including add-ons, with the ability to communicate fluently in the language of fit, function and style.
- Provide prompt and accurate service on the floor and at the cash register.
- Maintain innovative merchandise presentations with product availability and selection to appeal to customers and drive buying behavior.
- Attend to point of sale and merchandise displays daily to ensure all are stocked, clean, and organized.
- Receive, prepare and bin locate product for showroom floor. Participate in periodic physical inventory of all merchandise.
- Maintain an organized stockroom and point of sale area complete with all needed supplies.
- Obtain or confirm customer information, including email, with every transaction.
Parts to Service
- Take service technicians orders for parts and fill them accurately.
- Assist service technicians in determining P&A requirements for individual jobs. Recommend related parts that may be required for a job.
- Notify service personnel when special order parts or back-ordered parts are received.
- Box and place warranty parts in appropriate location and assist with the moving and/or disposal of warranty parts when requested.
- Post correct part numbers to all repair orders.
- Pre-stage parts for sales and service repair orders.
The duties and responsibilities defined above are not an all-inclusive list, but a general summary of typical duties. Individuals in this position may be asked to perform a wide range of related tasks to ensure that the sales and service goals for the team are met and that the highest level of customer service is always provided.
- Be part of the team. Assist coworkers or customers of other departments, as needed.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace. Notify the proper person if attention is needed.
- Treat all associates and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Dedicate three hours per week to learning more about Harley-Davidson and aftermarket products and stay current on new product fitment and application.
- Remain current with all online training available and attend instructor-led training, as assigned.
- Clock in and out on time. Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times, including in dress and appearance.
- Accept direction, follow instructions and work well with others.
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings.